View Single Post
Old 13-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #1087
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

I'm of the opinion that carbs are a necessary evil... more so for people wanting to build muscle. If simple weight loss is required and people don't plan on doing weights, then maybe limit them. But i wouldn't cut them out altogether, they are one type of food that has the ability to make a person feel 'good'...

Personally, i don't really worry too much.. Carbs, or not, if you limit your daily intake and exercise more you will lose weight...

One thing that people forget about carbs is their ability to hold water. This is pretty important for building muscle, and the fact they hold water is going to put on 'weight'...

A lot of people who diet and cut carbs will lose massive weight in the first week or so, but don't be fooled... Most of the weight lost is water...

When i was dieting prior to lifting weights again, i dropped a heap of weight, yet i still ate carbs... I was exercising though.

My diet was 2 or 3 weetbix in the morning, with full cream milk. A sandwich, maybe two with tuna or ham/salad... In the arvo i might have a piece of toast, and dinner was whatever the wife was cooking... The important thing for me was not over eating at dinner, i had to limit my portion..

Many would say i was eating too many carbs, but i still lost a heap of weight (20kgs in 2-3 months)..

Carbs don't put on as much 'fat,weight' as people think.. Each to their own though, if something works for you, stick to it... Everyone is different
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote