View Single Post
Old 21-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #27
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LV Focus issues.

This seems as good a place as any...

Drove the car to and from a place tonight, about 20-25 mins each way, mostly cruising at 80-100kph, the odd bit of foot-down stuff, but nothing major.

Decide to stop at a car-yard near home (checking out an XR5, as it happens). Get back in the car, put key in ignition. Nothing. No click. No lights in dash. Oh, no. I shift the gear into neutral, then back. Still nothing. A few more times. Still nothing.

I open the bonnet, poke around mostly ineffectively, look at the battery for inspiration. The cover is a bit loose prior, so I jam it on and prepare to need to call the RAC. More in wishful thinking, I stick the key in the ignition and it starts. I go home. Stop. Start again. No dramas.

So, should I be worried, or is it just a one-off "one of those things that happen"? I should add the car is only about 18 months old, and I haven't had a hint of an electrical gremlin before, so I wouldn't have thought the battery was on its way out.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote