View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #1037
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I'm just unsure of the Maltidextrose/dextrose as they are 100% pure sugar and as we are lead to believe, full sugar is bad but I have been reading about maltidextrose and dextrose as the best source post workout, even better then a banana which is all I ussually have.

I did read something about honey not beeing the best source for two reason's,
1..... it is fructose and for some reason fructose is not absorb as best and promotes pro syn as good as the other's.
2..... some brand's of honey that you buy in the supermarket's are just pure crap, if you are to take honey and I will admitt I do as I LOVE honey, you should only buy organic pure honey.

No how true the above statement's are I will not comment on but I do thrive on all thing's organic myself and eat them religously but when talking about the sugar's above I am not so sure on , it is just what I have read, I might try it out though and see.
Yeah honey isn't the most ideal, but it will still create a bit of an insulin spike.

I too usually have a banana post workout. But the dextrose might be worth trying, as really all you're after is an insulin spike to help carry the protein to the muscles quicker (so to speak).

At the end of the day though, you could train hard, eat right, do nothing else and still get gains. I guess it's all about trying to utilise small things that might benefit...
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote