Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #269
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Not trying to burst the bubble mate but if you remove the DPF the error codes will be the least of your problems, not only is it illegal (as you already know) but removing it will also VOID your warranty and if you do get pulled over by (in your case VIC roads) you could face a huge fine if they run a pollution check on it and it find that it is putting out considerably more than it should :( It's your call but I would advise against it. I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve by removing it but if you are after an increase in power and even better fuel economy your best bet would be a flash tune (assuning you don't already have one), preferably one you can apply yourself and then remove when it comes to service time or if you need warranty work done

Just as an example these are the sort of gains you can expect from a flash tune on the turbo diesel engine
I've been talking to a couple of MK2 TDCI Focus owners on a diesel UK car club forum and they say that it starts to become a fire hazard once you start pushing higher power and torque figures and its a restriction along the line.

But what you say is correct, I'll just do a cat back exhaust for now, the intercooler, and a remap or flash tune.

I'm already going to be risking $1100 fine and 3 points for having performance mods on P plates, lol.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote