View Single Post
Old 17-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #284
rand0mn00b

Default Re: Time to mod my LV

well on FWD cars the front tyres will wear quicker, even more so on the front heavy diesel. did they rotate the tyres at the last service?

let's assume that the gauge at your local servo is off (but at least you have a consistently off benchmark from which to measure - I personally carry a gauge in my car but then again I also have an air compressor at home)

try increasing the pressures. the front should be 2-3 more than the rears unless you are towing or constantly carrying heavy loads in the boot

this might sound funny but whenever I inflated my tyres to the recommended pressures they just 'looked' under-inflated to me when viewing my car side on. as in the bottom of the tyres didn't seem to cope with the weight of the car so i inflated them (within max pressures specified on the tyre sidewall) until they looked better and then measured it on my gauge.

I experimented a few times to achieve a balance between ride comfort and wear which has since then yielded more even tyre wear. this method is far from scientific however :p
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote