View Single Post
Old 31-10-2005, 01:38 AM   #229
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Thumbs up What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Ive dropped another couple of kilo's. Now really concentrating on cardio more than weights. Im down to 77kg from about 80k's a few months ago. So slowly but surely Im nearly at my target of about 73-74kg, which I think is a nice, realistic weight to maintain. Over all it's taken me 12months to get where I am. Essentially there has been some weight gain mainly due to muscle mass increase but I have really leaned up and start looking to target problem areas for my self such as mid section. It's made life easier but also considering my physical disabilities it was for the best. I was just sick and tired of getting unhelpful comments friends and family about how much weight I've gained, so next time I see them I hope they will have some more encouraging comments to say rather than just, "Geez Shav you really packed on the pounds haven't you?". That just ****ed me off, esspecially from family members. For the last 12 months it was my goal to regain control of my weight and hopefully make people realise that it's still me even though I dont have the weight anymore.

The first pic of me is what I look like now, the second is what I used to look like about 2 years ago. You probably wont know the difference but I do.
GOOD ON YOU! losing weight . Cardio at a certain level will burn body fat but weights will gain muscle mass. This will raise your metabolism & increase you calorie intake ! ie 4 every pound of muscle u can eat an extra 150 cal a day. This might not sound much but it is forever. I wish u all the best. remember Weights!!!!!!!Not bodyweight but body fat percentage!!!!!!!!