View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #28
thearrow

Default Re: Cougar parts/maintainence

The news from the USA is all bad as it appears this part has been discontinued I checked on Rockauto and Team Ford who are the two on line parts suppliers that I use from the USA and they do not sell it any more.

Time to get desperate now.

1/ Speak to your mechanic and see if he can fix the old one with a suitable size bolt.

2/ Check with your local Fraud dealer and see if he can find one for you (you never know)

3/ When I had my accident and had to replace the front headlights and I found them on ebay UK, actually this is a good source of parts as UK Cougars are very close to ours in that they are right hand drive and converted for European conditions like ours, and as long as you pay via paypal you will be OK.
The only difficulty is sometimes finding someone who will ship to Australia.If you search carefully you will find places that are wrecking whole cars so just ask them and you will be OK.

The part you want is the upper transmission mount for a manual.

Stick at it and you will track one down I am sure and let us know how you get on. I know it is a bit of mucking around but it will be worth it in the end.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote