View Single Post
Old 26-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #167
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
Damo
car doesnt pull either way just the steering plays/flutters an inch or two off centre- must be the out of round tyres?
At 100km/h on my first LV Focus (R.I.P) the steering wheel would "wobble" left/right on harsh surfaces, but the current one doesn't.

I guess it might be tyres as I have the exact same car now and it doesn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
Nope, took it all out along with that restrictive intake rubbish behind the grill. The filter actually gets air directly from the front of the car now, not through a thin pipe from the engine bay.

There is actually a lot of space below the airbox, heaps in fact. That's why you'd mount a CAI vertically instead of horizontally. Don't know why you'd want to go through all that effort when there are plenty of good ones out there damo!
Interesting, the plan would be a aluminium box with an intake pipe going to the upper front grille to the filter, it looks like its going to have to be a rectangle though.

Mainly just to be a bit different, plus we haven't seen anyone with the off the shelf items in their car yet (curious as to if LHD/RHD cars are different) and ease of installation.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote