View Single Post
Old 18-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #29
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: AFF Awards System

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Good evening

Following on from a member suggestion and my earlier comments when we disbanded the previous reputation system, I am pleased to announce a new recognition system for AFF members.

We have kept it simple.

There are 5 awards in total (detailed below) of which only 2 can be nominated by the user base, 2 can be nominated by moderators / super moderators and the final one is chosen by me.

The awards (along with their short descriptions), are:

Technical Contributor (user nominated)
For members that share their technical expertise with the forum community

Valued Contributor (user nominated)
For members whose non technical contribution is worthy of recognition

Technical Writer (Admin nominated)
For members that provide technical articles for the forum

Community Builder (Admin nominated)
For members whose contributions help build the AFF community

Chairman's Award (not nominated)
For members whose efforts in support of the forum are outstanding.

During the initial phase we have restricted the user groups that can nominate while we bed the system in. Those who can nominate (DM's currently) will have two additional menu items on the user profile drop down, one for each category they can nominate in.

This will generate a form where they can state the reason they believe the individual should receive the particular award and these forms are sent via PM to the admin team for approval. If approved, the user will receive a PM advising them of the award but not who nominated them.

It will take a little time to iron out any bugs in the system but you can already expect to see some users with BLUE tags in their user profile representing their award(s).

Cheers
Russ
I can not seem to find this function for nominating a member on my log in, is there a glitch on mine Russ or am I just a blind?