View Single Post
Old 21-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #1512
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
If he wanted an exact replica, I'm sure he would have used a Ford engine, but I don't think that's what he was going for. I think people get a bit too uptight about what engine goes into a car. It's the persons personal car, and money they are spending. They have every right to do what they want. Specially with a GT40, were balance is important for handling. A light engine makes perfect sense, and smart considering the aftermarket support for such an engine.

Doesn't look to me like a slapped together car, so the build would have been a very thought out process and well engineered. Any person with a real passion for cars wouldn't care what motor is in it. They appreciate the car for what it is and how well it is built.

Some people like exact replicas, some people like to build a better car. Some get it, some never will.
Well said. Its not his fault that the LSX is a good motor.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/