View Single Post
Old 22-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #22
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
i was under the impression that if you are under your parents name, you don't get a rating, so when you go out on your own you'll start with the lowest rating. That's how I thought it works anyway. Meh........
I just got insurance for the XR6 in my name. 21 years old, 4 years driving history.
NRMA, GIO, Allianz, AAMI, Shannons, Unique, Vigil... wouldn't touch me.
Just Cars quoted $4011 on full comp, for value of $29,600.
I was insured as a listed driver on the XD (in dad's name), and in 5 years never had a claim, or an infringment.
GIO will send me a letter stating that, and that I was on a 50% no claim rating.
I finally ended up going wih Young & Cool, only $1500 a year full comp, for $30,000 (maximum amount for any car insured with them).
Now I have to get a 3 point passive arming immobiliser to have it covered for theft.
They will also reduce your excess by $1000 if you complete a driver training course.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 22-01-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote