View Single Post
Old 21-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
REDDYZ

I have been driving with moosing sound since few months now. I was too lazy to pull out iacv valve and clean it. Because, its 3rd time in 20,000km. Every morning until the engine warms up the valve will be sticky and does moosing noise while idling and also whenever I engage clutch to change gears. I have been ignoring as it does that only when cold started and its only the annoying sound. But its not just that. The valve actually remains stuck open under acceleration allowing the air get through the valve. Today I got a chance to take it out, cleaned and the sound is gone. The valve is not sticky anymore. Not just that engine is breathing so good now, it changed a lot, the shifts are very sharp, i mean with sticky valve whenever I press clutch it takes a fraction for the revs to come down. Now its just spot on. I see a noticeable difference in pickup too. But this is ridiculous to clean this valve every now and then. Does anyone know permanent fix for IACV valve? I am pretty sure there is one. I read it somewhere and now cant find it. A little modification in the valve eliminates this problem. I wonder, is it just my kitty doing that or its a common problem with others too. It bothers more on manual cars. Let me know if anyone know a permanent fix other than buying a new valve.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote