View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
sic 40t

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesso
Ok here's the fix... I had exactly that same problem and I found that it was the tiny in-line filter right at the back behind the fuel tank. I don't know if the carby model has an electric fuel pump, but if it does then there is a tiny cone shaped filter that fits into the intake end of the fuel pump. This filter fills up with crap and will let a small amount of fuel through and then starves until the car has stood for a while and then it does the same thing all over again.
It took me about two months to find this filter because it wasn't documented anywhere that I could find.
How to get to it: Locate the electric fuel pump which is normally just behind the rear cross member on the right hand side of the center of the car. You can then trace the rubber hose from the fuel tank to the fuel pump. Now release the hose from the intake of the fuel pump and you might find that you have to shake the hose against your hand or something hard because the filter sometimes travels back up the hose a bit. If it isn't in the hose then it should still be in the intake pipe of the pump. You should be able to gently remove it from there and my best bet would be to say that it will be chock solid with really fine silt and/or rust from the tank.
If your model doesn't have an electric fuel pump then I would say that you can safely forget about everything you've just read
has not a electric pump it is machanical pump thanks
sic 40t is offline   Reply With Quote