View Single Post
Old 18-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #12
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Servicing...horror story from the 1980s....New Laser (pretty basic really) and routine services........
Selling dealer failed to tune it ...twice...came back worse each time.
Dealer 2 cracked the nice alloy rocker cover, piddled oil all the way home. Dumped car in their driveway next morning and walked to work.
Dealer 3 started front wheel nuts with fingers, didn't complete the tighten up process. Knocking sound when driven home and wheel wobbled when jacked up, thus explaining the knock. Husband-to-be fixed that problem easy peasy.
........And our local family-owned service station business has been used by us for 20+yrs with zero hassles (except booking delays 'coz too busy).

Everything changes, but everything stays the same (it would seem).

Mind you, I had an argument 2yrs ago with the service manager at another brands dealership about so called 'required' additives when servicing (not requested by me). He couldn't/wouldn't show me the tech sheet from the manufacturer specifying the expensive additives. Eventually got a refund after 30 mins arguing (in front of their other customers).

I fully accept this is only 3+1 dealers. Others are noted on this forum being worthwhile - give them your business to keep them alive. Seems you just need to research and choose carefully.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote