View Single Post
Old 15-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man

Now seriously ... the crate motors are not that good. They have nowhere near the longevity or reliability of the little Windsor. Your 5.0 litre, built up properly, will put out a reliable 300kW all day every day and will continue to do it for at least 500,000 km years if you look after it properly. The LS engine WILL NOT. And if you want more you can get easy reliable 350kW with a stroker kit - all it takes is about 20 big ones.

Yes, the LX might seem to "fly" compared to your XR8 but you must realise that it only does it in a straight line and only because it is about 250kg lighter. Start throwing some corners and braking into the mix and the XR8 will drive away from the LX regardless of the weight issue. Point to point on aussie roads I know which I'd rather be driving.

And don't let me start on the "crash test" - an LX will be turned to sardine can standard recyclable material with even a fairly minor shunt. I have been unfortunate enough to have been in two quite serious collisions in AUs and I know where I'd rather be sitting in a worse case event.
this post makes no sense.
you dont know the life span of an LS motor.

saving 250kg will aid in acceleration and change of direction.

crash test: its still an AU the donk wont change a thing.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote