View Single Post
Old 13-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
no falcons have had brake failure!! you should be a journo with your attention grabbing antics!! rear brake lines in irs equiped ba were changed as a precaution, and now a certain batch of egas cars MAY lose power assistance. they still have brakes. just more effort req. its not like they refuse to fix the issues either.

also commodore never owned the no.1 sales spot until vt. ford dominated virtually right up until EL. maybe not every month but it finished in front often enough.

basing your opinions on a rental car is probably not the most accurate way to measure a car. rental cars don't exactly get looked after, esp the driveline. also bit hard to be objective when you are a ford fan.
My BA XT started life as a rental car and i'd imagine would have been chucked around a fair bit since new. But the body was A1 and picked it up for a song, so I think it is a fair comparo against a rental VE.

I actually got turned on to the BA after sitting in a BA taxi, quite surprisingly , so I think a rental/taxi is a good way to measure up how well a car would perform in everyday conditions.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote