View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #210
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yes a lot of people associate being skinny with being healthy. There is a difference between fit and healthy. Lol im neither of the two.
Yes I know what you mean (I am neither of the two either - hey that rhymes!). My sister is a size 10-12 but is not fit, just slim. When I was in high school I was a size 12-14 yet I would puff after playing basketball for 10 minutes

I am sick of trying to "lose weight" all the time, and instead have decided that the real way to living a long and health-issue-free life is to be HEALTHY and FIT. For example, I have stomach fat and don't want to get diabetes. I have bad knees, and the excess weight is making them very unhappy and sore. I get puffed out too quickly and would prefer to be able to run alot with the kids than sit down all red in the face from trying... _

I started pushbike riding yesterday with hubby and the kids, and really enjoyed it actually (surprised the hell out of me lol). I am also playing netball again, and am going to exercise every day. That's the aim, even if it's a few sit ups and a bit of gardening... my garden is in serious need of help so it's more heavy duty than just weeding a bit lol.

Let's go ppl, let's get rid of the fat and replace it with being able to breathe after walking up and down a flight of stairs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote