View Single Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #279
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
I can't see how cosmetic damage can void the warranty on the drivetrain. Take it in to a dealer and get them to fix the prob under warranty
well I've emailed a few dealers and they all say the same thing =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyTDCi
i get this noise when i have the car in reverse and turn, then dip the clutch in. i get a single clunk noise. i only noticed this when my eibachs got fitted....but might have been there prior.

any solution?
I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet but I've deduced that it only happens when I'm turning right.

It now happens even if I hold the steering slightly to the right for prolonged periods of time when taking a large bend.

It's worst when I'm quickly braking, pressing clutch and turning right around a sharp bend I will also hear a single clunk, but it sounds like some metal is scraping against the bottom of my car. it stops once the ESP faulty lights come on

And I'm also hearing what sounds like some springy noises. The most similar noise I can think of is when you lean back on an office chair and you can hear the spring compressing... it sounds like that. This continues even after the fault light comes in

So it sounds like driveshaft/CV joint/maybe ABS or ESP sensor related - might be costly without warranty =(
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote