View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #21
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

This morning I fitted two center high-flow mufflers, as the ones on the car were buggered (I new that before I bought the car). While up on the hoist, I found out that the car has stock headers, cats, and 2 1/4'' dual pipes up to center mufflers, than twin pipes under the diff into a single dump pipe (no rear muffler).

Sounds really nice, not too loud and no drone. Although knowing myself too well, I will probably change the whole exhaust system in the future lol ( benchmark is old Topgia's sound - LOOOUD!)

Also while up on the hoist, I checked the under body for any oil leaks. Not a single one, under the engine, transmission or the diff, my exhaust guy even called the mechanic next door to come and have a look! Pretty good for an 8year old car I reckon!

Still trying to find out what sort of springs its got. They're Kings (yellow) ether lows or superlows, as it sits lower than the other stock TE's I've seen. I'll take the wheels of and try to find out the spring numbers. Red Koni's both front and rear.

The front rotors have been replaced at some stage, as they're slotted and drilled (stock ones were only slotted). They look like DBA ones.

I also picked up new Tickford wings for drivers side quarter panel, as someone tried to take the old one off and broke it in half. And a new set of clear series 3 repeaters, looks much better than the stock orange ones.

Then picked up my RWC and off to Vicroads to do the transfer and put the plates on.

Gave it a quick wash (will do a full detailing soon) and me and Tony took a few shots.

I'll let Tony post up his pics lol

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote