View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #100
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
So I take it then that you tried this in the last country you lived in and it didn't work.

I find it amazing that people would not be willing to try something that could make a difference.

As for the number of people in cars I say this all the time, I try to push people to car pool all the time, and this coming from someone that makes money from cars breaking down, the less on the road would mean less work for me but at least diesel would be much cheaper.

You also mention we have used over half of the "easily available crude", this is something that's used to justify price hikes due to deeper drilling and exploration costs, these costs would be payed for in a month if you go by the rough figure I gave for a one week boycott.

Would it inconvenience you in any way to boycott say BP or Mobil or Clatex for a week?? if the answer is no then what do you have to lose?
I havent tried painting myself orange and dancing naked in the middle of a major intersection to lower petrol prices, however, I am convinced, it wont work.

You dont need to jump off a 600ft cliff to realize it will kill you, unless of course the laws are gravity are different in *your* country.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote