View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Cica
Starter Motor

Default Ford Laser KN key

Hi Everyone,

My 2001 Ford Laser key got stolen so I bought a new blank key from Ford dealership and got it cut. It was cut properly. I then took the car to the Ford dealer to get my new key coded and that is when all of my problems started. First they called me asking where I bought blank key as the current key, they said, had no transponders in it. I said I bought it in their parts dept and they said they will contact me back. After that they called that they had cut completely new key and that it was not up to the key but up to my computer and that they will perform further checks. Then they told me that the computer is OK and that they will check BCM etc. Now they want to pull the BCM out and do further checks and want to charge me additional hours. I told them to stop for the moment as I do not want to go to that extreme. This is probably one of the few things that I cannot do on car myself and is the first time in many years that I have taken a car to the dealership and I am greatly disappointed in their conflicting stories and empty promises and deadlines. Car has been in for over a week now.

My old key worked no problems at all so I am assuming that it is very unlikely that anything is wrong with either module/computer. Plus I question the competancy of their technician that did not know to check if the key has a transponder in it. Noone else can code it so I am in a tricky situation and heavily dependant on Ford dealership and they know it. Any suggestions what to do next?

Cica is offline   Reply With Quote