View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #43
lincoln
Blinded

Timmeh, I'm just expressing my opinion in the end, but I still fail to see how using a sandtrap on a track as an example applies to the road. Sure you have your opinion and I have mine, and I'm happy to disagree, but fleeting comments about ABS being "bad" for road cars I found astounding and responded as such.

Re: your example, I'm surprised that in a 24 hour endurance race that they left the ABS engaged. My experience with ABS on the track is that it is inconsistent and that you could manually get better laps with it off if you're a top driver. For a couple of hot laps, it's fine to stay on, but you're right, if you're going into sand or any run off, I'd prefer to not have ABS. Especially when brakes and racing slicks are being used, I can see the ABS getting a tad confused even with those changes! If you've got a track car that is spefically tuned for ABS, like a F1 car, then you can apply this system very well in those conditions.

As I said, I'm surprised to hear they left it engaged there. My comments were around the use of ABS and it's relevance to road use.

Re: fifth gear, isn't that an amazing example of the new electronics? I was gobsmacked at the stability control demonstration.
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote