View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
Jason50
Boosted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Jason,

hope the blower is keeping you "company" on those cool evenings! Say hi to the father in law for me. I think agro could be your future brother, i think he wants to be adopted lol.

You draw an interesting comparison, and for road usage, your setup is ideal. Just remember that your car CAN be upgraded at any time, and the results will start to frighten you.

Imagine your car was a manual? add 10-15rwkw
Imagine your car was a 290? again, add 10-15

so all of a sudden, we have a 330-340 rwkw pursuit with an average of 5psi.

Its nice to see such a good result on an auto 260 with only 5psi, typically the most difficult boss in the number producing game.
Hello Chris :

The old bloke has not stopped talking about the car and what a great time he had stiring things up during our visit lol.

Still much more power to be had and you haven't mentioned 'intercooling' yet...

The cold nights certainly do make it boogie.

On another note, I had the transmission serviced and all was reported as good. I was worried about the box to start with, but then when I saw the torque curve of an XR6T with similar power to mine it hit me that the V8 is not so bad for the box. The T was making near 10,000N with nothing down low and nothing up high. That horrendous mid range torque must be why the Ts are frying the 4 speed autos. I'll take my flat curve anytime