View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #25
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was under my car checking out the buggered diff about a week ago. I was in a hurry and no one was around to help me push the shitter so I had the car jacked up on the grass. Both of the stands collapsed into the grass at the same time and the car came down on me. Thank god the peice of shit is stock height and still had it's wheels on, or I would surely had been severely injured or possibly killed. It hurt like hell but I managed to get out from under the car (fuel tank landed on me, bent a little). Tell ya what though, the site of a car falling off the jack stands while you are under it is the scariest thing I have ever seen.

Other dumb mistakes, let's see.... Spent half an hour trying to get the center out of an old EA diff before realising it still had the axles in it.

When removing said diff from vehicle, left the brake pipes connected. Two very out of shape pipes. Some hand bending and a few cable ties fixed that.

Backed a fully restored Hillman Humber off the four post hoist - without realising the hoist was still a foot in the air. Thankfully the only damage was a very flat exhaust.

Drove my shitty EA onto a two post hoist going way too fast at a really funky angle and popped the LF tyre on one of the arms.

After about an hour of mig welding, realised I hadn't disconnected the battery on the 1999 Nissan Primera - thankfully there was no damage.

That's all I can think of right now. Man, looking back at some of the dumb shit I've done really makes me feel like an idiot.

Last edited by Mike Gayner; 09-01-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote