View Single Post
Old 28-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #10
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hmmm...... interesting subject and one at the forefront of my thoughts at the moment as I've just done a trip with the tribe from here in Pt Lincoln to Mudgee and then the Central Coast in NSW and back for a total of near on 4500km in the last 10 days in my Futura wagon. It's set up with factory Tickford dual fuel and we spent about $500 on fuel for the whole trip so I'm happy as about that. On gas the wagon averaged about 6.5km/l (15.5L/100km)which I'm happy with considering we were 2 adults, 2 rug rats, bedding, portable cot and assorted bags and boxes of stuff, and an Engel fridge; with the fridge, a pair of Lightforce Blitzs' on at night and the aircon going most of the time all pulling power in the wagon. PLUS pulling a 6'x5' trailer full to just above the sides with suit cases, fold up chairs, cooler bag, tools, monster 4WS pram and of coarse my tackle box and rod tube. The thing is, at Cobar in western NSW I balked at paying 78c p/litre for gas so stayed on petrol through to Dubbo where I switched back to gas at 49c p/l (with a Coles discount docket) When I filled up the petrol on the Central Coast a few days later it took over 50L to fill again which gave me an average on petrol of about 6.7km/L h/way cycle for the 350km or so I went on petrol. This, quite frankly, I thought was sh!thouse economy and had me worried till I just read this thread. Now I'm wondering if there is an after market ECU that can have dual tuning maps that will cut in with the flick of a switch so when you switch from gas to petrol the tune switches as well to give best performance and economy for both fuels right off the bat instead of constantly having to deal with a compromise. HMMMMMMMMM........ Think I'll post up that question to the forum and see how we go.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote