View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
Masquerade
03 LR Focus / 90 KF TX3 T

Even then the GTR boxes are basically the same but for a shot and peened first and second, plus IIRC a wider 5th gear.

Estimate about $4.5k for the whole job.

As for usable parts off the stolen / recovered, you also can't use the carpet, hubs, suspension, gear selector assembly, drivers seat, power steering, drive shafts I think and some other stuff I'm not too sure about (brake booster etc). Also be aware that the stock ECU in the 4WD is lower kw (117kw) than a front cut Jap ECU (134kw) due to our shitty fuel. You might be better off buying a motor from someone with a cheap setup for sale (like mine for $1100!, unfortunately in Adelaide )

Just something to take into account if you're intending to use parts from the car as well rather than just the motor.

Drive any laser, even an N/A like an idiot and you'll wreck the gearbox (as I found out the hard way), so the more power you put through it, the more likely you are to do the damage.

Things to do while doing the conversion is the spigot bearing on the gearbox, waterpump (as vippin said), timing belt (they're like $20 or something), CV seals, oil seals and any vaccum hose with splits (check them all!)
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote