View Single Post
Old 18-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #23
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Interesting debate, all this opened vs unopened but I personally believe that it will be a long time before an UNOPENED N/A AU 6 runs a 13 but an OPENED 13 is just around the corner - and their's no reason why the car can't still be perfectly streetable.

I have said many times before, my car does 500ks a week and has run 14.3 in Exactly the same trim as I drive it every day. My wife can't tell any difference in driving the car now from when it was a 16 sec stocker.
Driving the car sedately, you wouldnt even know it wasnt stock apart from the occasional firm shift.
The key is in the drivetrain, but even going from 3.9s to 4.11s isn't going to get me into the 13s. I know this is where a cam at minimum will have to come into play and possibly some head work.
Thats why my Avatar says "at the crossroads" because I'm not sure which way to go next.

As for the knockers who's response to this whole hot 6 debate is "Buy a V8", lots of us have "been there, done that", for others it's "make the best of what you've got" and for some its about bragging rights.

All I say is "good luck to whoever does it first!" :Reverend:
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Tri Power 289 is offline   Reply With Quote